Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How to make a back flag

From Stuff Maker Blog
Ok, So I got to work on this project the other day, I am really happy with how it turned out, I cant wait to try it out in combat! Here is how I make it, step by step, and just a warning, I used duct tape like crazy, no glue. Not exactly kosher in foam smiting I know, but I had a duct tape itch that needed to be releaced.



From Stuff Maker Blog
1. Ok, first step was to cap the ends of my main pole in a safe fashion (see step to through the link) though with a bit more zeal as usual.
2. After that I cut out the pommel peaces that were necessary for the ends.

From Stuff Maker Blog
2.5. Here they are taped on, I made sure I taped enough that they would not be going anywhere, but that  they would not end up hard as rock due to to much tape.


From Stuff Maker Blog
3. Then I did the same treatment to the other end. (As this is not a weapon, just a stick both side need a pommel in my estimation)

From Stuff Maker Blog
3.5. Here it is taped down securely.

From Stuff Maker Blog
4. Next I cut a long strip of camp pad (do to lacking a pool noodle or pipe insulation) about 3" wide and warped it around the PVC taping it down every 4 or 5 inches so it wont be twisting around on there.

From Stuff Maker Blog
5. Next I covered it with a brown duct tape I found at walmart. Granted, my standard white hockey tape painted with brown stain would have looked better, but this is so much less work I deemed the plastic-y shiny-ness worth it.

From Stuff Maker Blog
6. Then I made loops for the shoe laces to string through that would attach it to my armor.

From Stuff Maker Blog
7. Then I basically did the same thing only shorter for the top bit. The cross peace is simply attached with a shot shoelace.

From Stuff Maker Blog
8. Finished! Well, of-cores I also had to make the flag out of some scrap fabric laying around.

From Stuff Maker Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out how you attached it to your back.