Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Making Leather Armor Fancy: Paint it

Another option for coloring your armor, is to paint it.

Acrylic paint can be purchased for $1 or $2 at most dolor stores, craft shops, and stores like WallMart.



I did not paint over the stain. But made sure not to stain the parts I intended to paint, so I painted directly to the leather.



Now, I used a clear sealer paint stain stuff over both bracers. The one reacted oddly. The sealer is even, but the color under became strange. I still don't know why. I believe the sealer will keep the paint longer, but it does seem a bit unreliable in result.


Some things to remember:
  • Paint thin, to thick and it will make it easier to chip.
  • Paint will not last as long as die or stain
  • Avoid painting high impact and friction arias.

No comments: