Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Leather Lorica Segmentata Progress

Alright, so I have taken the first steps in the making of a Leather Lorica Segmentata, I am not sure how it will turn out, some things are working much better than expected, some things like the lams I am not so sure as they don't layer the same way that steel would being thicker. Also the strapping I am using us much stiffer than the strapping used on an normal steel Lorica.

My pattern. I had this assembled at Christmas but didn't get to anything els until a few weeks ago.

Here is the right side, I think I should have stained it before assembling.

I water hardened the leather to help it keep its shape.

This so far has ten me about a week for the side, it is a lot of work (still not s much as cain but all the little peaces take time, I also took hours at points just sitting there trying to figure out how to assemble it. It is like a big puzzle.) Hopefully I will be able to get the other side done in another week or so.

No comments: