Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Hat

And we are back from the holidays! I got depressingly little crafting and making done over the last 2 weeks. But I did get to something last night, I took another go at a hat. This time bit more complicated.

1. I used one of my favorite hats as visual pattern. Looking at it and doing aproximate measurements of all the peaces. (I used an appropriately sized plate for the top pattern)

2. I used leather from a old leather jacket I got from a thrift store. And traced my paper patterns on with a sharpie pen I got for christmas.

3. I used the had once again to look at how the thing was sewn togather and mimicked it as best I could. It turned out pretty good. But unfortunately, it is a fair bit to big. Next time I will need to take off about 1/4" around all the peaces I am thinking.


No comments: