Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wooden Khopesh Tutorial


The Khopesh is probably my favorite sword, but it is very complex. It was not even made like a slandered sword. Becouse of it complex shape the bronze was often pored in to a mold rather than hammering in to shape. Even drawing it on a peace of wood is quite difficult. So here is how I did it.



I first did a Google search to find an image.


Then I scaled it in am image editor until the handle was about 2.5", that is enough room for my hand.

I printed this out on two peaces of paper and taped them togather, cut out the shape and then traced it on to my peace of wood.

After curing it out with a jig saw and sanding it you get this. I have also used this on other shapes and sword types to get nice looking historically accurate blade looks.

No comments: